Monday, January 14, 2008

Kim and Matt

Kim and Matt
Kim and Matt have been together since about gradeschool ... from what I understand. Talk about a LONG engagement! They are a wonderfully matched couple with complementing personalities. I truly enjoyed working with them.
Kim and Matt's wedding day, for me, started out at Salon West. The ladies working there did a fabulous job on the girls in the wedding party. Here are a few of my favorite images from the salon ... although, I have to admit, there were SO many that I could have posted. j
I love the light in this first image. Here is Kim sitting talking to one of her bridesmaids before they get all 'made up'.
I loved the old style chairs in the waiting area of the salon ... very vintage looking and right up my alley!
one of my favorite shots of her maid-of-honor getting her hair done ...
Kim wanted all of the girls to have a side 'knot' (that is my name ... for those of you in the hair industry ... I realize you are cringing right now. But for the life of me I can't remember the proper name). Anyway, I LOVED this idea. So chic! Here is a photo of one of the girls getting the finishing touches on her hair.
Kim getting her makeup on ...
And getting her hair curled.
I liked this 'overall' shot.. of what was going on. You can see all of the girls and there is something going on in every chair!
Then we headed to the church to get the dress on!
The lighting in this next one is amazing ... I didn't use a flash at all for her getting ready shots and there was no natural light in the room ... So, I was getting some really interesting shadowing and light. In this case, there is a little bit of a flare.
The shoe shot (which I do not need to tell people - but I love!)...
Kim all dressed up and ready to become Mrs ...
She had the most fabulous winter cloak that she wore. I would have LOVED to have gone outside to get some fabulous shots of her in the winter scenery .. but it RAINED the entire day!
Our very handsome groom ...
A ceremony shot ...
Little Gracie kept her eye on me during the ceremony ... isn't she adorable??? She is the mini bride - complete with veil!
They had a sparkler exit! I thought my hair was going to catch on fire! I was standing right in front of some pretty big sparklers!
The maid-of-honor's speech and toast...
a first dance shot ...
Then they danced the night away!
Kim and Matt, I wish you both a lifetime of happiness and want to thank you again for allowing me to be such an important part of your wedding day!
A big thank you to Karen (my right hand girl) - who I absolutely love working with!
Slideshow coming soon ...

1 comment:

Barb Trimble said...

I like the overall shot at the salon. Seeing everything puts you in the middle of what is going on.