Thursday, January 1, 2009

Chris and Stacey's wedding

Chris and Stacey's wedding
I met Stacey and Chris while photographing a mutual friend's wedding. When they got engaged they called me and we set up a meeting. I fell in love right there. They are such an amazing couple and I I was thrilled when they called to ask me to photograph their wedding. Here are a few of my favorites from their day ...
We started our day at the hotel where they were staying and getting ready. Here is Stacey helping her son get ready while her sister laces up the back of her dress ...
making the final adjustments ...
Chris's daughter looking up at Stacey in her gorgeous dress ...
Stacey reading a card from Chris ...

Stacey's shoes were AWESOME ... you know I love a great pair of shoes!!!
Karen was with Chris while he got ready ... and provided a little 'manly' help to Stacey's son in the style department ..

Chris buttoning his vest ...
and getting his jacket on so that he could go down and see Stacey ...

Chris and Stacey were both so fun to photograph!
Stacey's gorgeous winter bouquet ...
I was so excited when I found out that Stacey and Chris were going to see each other before the ceremony. In the winter it gets SO dark so fast that evening weddings make it very difficult to get those great natural light outdoor shots that I love. And, I do have to say ... these two are TROOPERS. It was FREEZING outside that day. It snowed off and on and with the wind (you can see it blowing Stacey's veil in the next shot), I was shivering in my winter coat. These two absolutely 'rocked it out'! I worked as quickly as I could so that they could still get some great images of the two of them before their noses started running and they became icicles.
Did I mention that these two are so fun to photograph? Beautiful.
We drove to a location that was very close to the hotel they were staying for some other shots ...
I love this shot of the girls all snuggled up to keep warm ...
Stacey and Chris walking back to the car ...

Chris looking handsome ...


Stacey looking fabulous ...
Chris and his dad enjoy a drink before the ceremony ...
a tie readjustment ...
Chris practicing his song for the ceremony ...
Signing the photo ...

They decided to offer wine and beverages to their guests as they arrived for the ceremony. They wanted the ceremony to feel more like a 'get together' of friends and families rather than an overly formal affair. I heard a number of people saying what a great idea they thought it was.
When it was time for Stacey to walk down the aisle, Chris began singing to her ... he has such an amazing voice and there weren't many dry eyes by the time Stacey made it down the aisle ...
Stacey and her mom stopping to listen ...
just a small moment during the ceremony ... Chris's father officiated the ceremony and so making comments about Chris growing up were fair game ...
Stacey tears up during the ceremony ...
They had a 'braiding' ceremony during the wedding. Chris held a ring with three ropes tied to it and Stacey and the kids braided the ropes. It symbolized the union of the two families. Such a wonderful sentiment.

the kiss!!
The new Mr. and Mrs. head into the reception ...

then it was time for toasts ... first was Stacey's sister ...

then it was time for the best man's speech .... or SONG! He made up his own words, specific to Chris and Stacey, to the ever famous 'Jack and Diane" ...

and I think it is safe to say ... he was a HIT!
for their first dance, they had family stand in a semi-circle around them with lit candles while they danced. Here is a shot of them getting ready to start and the candles being lit in the foreground ...

their first dance rolled into a dance with the kids ...



Stacey and Chris, I had an amazing time. You two are destined for happiness (a lifetime of it)! I wish you both all the best!! Congratulations!

SLIDESHOW

another thank you to Karen for working so hard to help make sure everything went smoothly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stacey,
You look absolutely GORGEOUS! Those outdoor pictures of you and your husband are breathtaking...and you'd never know it was bitter cold. I've been looking forward to seeing your pictures...Neysa is one talented and gifted photographer!
Cheers,
Hubbell