Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Allyson and Michael's wedding

Allyson and Michael's wedding

It feels like it was forever ago that I met Allyson and Michael. In fact, it was over a year and a half ago that they hired me for their wedding. I was instantly hooked when I sat down and met with Allyson and Pam (her mom)! It isn't often that you meet people who make you feel as if you have known them your whole life. I met Michael for the first time at their engagement shoot and seeing the two of them together made my heart smile. It goes without saying that I couldn't wait for their wedding - and it was everything I had hoped for. A loving family, an adorable couple, every detail was well thought out and there was LOVE everywhere.

It was the perfect winter wedding ...

We started our day at the Hilton downtown where the bridal party was getting ready for the big day. There was hustle and bustle everywhere and excitement in the air.
Of course, I want to start with the fabulous shoes. First are Allyson's ...
and these are her sister's ...

Allyson's mom couldn't quit smiling ...



I liked the reflection in the door as she showed one of her bridesmaids some of her 'pretties' for the day ...

makeup was done by the fabulous Kelly Ledford of CinciMakeup ...


we had Servatti's for lunch ...

then it was time to put on the dress ... designed by none other than Austin Scarlett ...

it was absolutely stunning ...


and so was the bride ...

still smiling!!!

While I was with the girls, Karen went to hang out with the guys. Here is Michael receiving and reading a card from Allyson ...

Michael heading to the church at Spring Grove ...

ladies ...

and gentlemen ...

here comes the bride ...

Michael seeing his bride for the first time ...




the happy couple!!


under the mistletoe ...







after a few portraits near the church, we headed downtown ...

the reception was beautiful ... Alison from Aviva Events did a fantastic job making sure the entire day went off without a hitch!

loved the baby's breath centerpieces ...


coming into the reception as the new Mr and Mrs!


cutting the cake ...

time for some toasts ...


and a dance with her father ...
a dance with his mother ...
I love this photo of their first dance ... the light is just perfect!

bouquet toss ...

and retrieval ...

then ... the shoes came off and it was time to party on into the night ...


Allyson and Michael ... what can I say? Thank you both so much for being an absolute JOY to work with. I enjoyed every moment of your big day and I wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

as always, a big thank you to Karen for helping out and getting some more great images for the couple!

2 comments:

Barb Trimble said...

I love the look on the groom's face you captured in the church! Great images all around.

Aviva Events said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous. Hmmm... we may need to submit this one also! You are right, it really was a perfect winter wedding... captured perfectly by you :) It was great to work with you and Karen again!