Friday, January 2, 2009

Jeni and Brian's wedding

Brian and Jeni's wedding

I got the opportunity to work with Karen on a wedding in November and I have to say ... what a treat! The couple was wonderful and I got to do something that I normally don't get to .... photograph the guys! I headed out to Brian's family's house to photograph the guys getting ready.
Here are a few of my favorites ...
Brian's dad was such fun ... he and I had 'camera wars' all day - I would photograph him and then he would photograph me - yikes! I love this shot of his dad looking over the back of the chair to see Brian as he tied his shoes ...
One of the groomsmen had a heck of a tattoo ... and after seeing him come out in his shirt ... the guys made him go put on a tee shirt!
watching some football ...
Brian's dad photographing him ...
Brian getting ready with his parents photograph in the foreground ...
the little ring bearer cracked me up! I found him in his grandpa's office like this ... :)
getting into the limo on this very cloudy fall day ...
heading to the church ...
The ceremony was held at Summit. It is one of my favorite churches in Cincinnati. Not only is it beautiful, but I love all of the different rooms they have for the bridal parties to hang out and get ready ...
I got to go photograph the guys so we headed out to the football field ...
nice shot of the guys with Summit in the background ...

a quick portrait of Brian before heading back in ...
a detail of the inside of the church that I liked ...
the programs ...
Now most of the time the guys just sit around and chat or watch football and drink beer. So, I was fully prepared to photograph just that. When they pulled out the cards for a nice friendly game of poker ... I was THRILLED! My lucky day - first, I love cards (pretty much any card game), and second, it added a little more spice to the photos ...
while the guys played cards, Brian's mom mended one of the groomsmen's jackets ... I love this shot of her ...
not necessarily the best hand ... BLUFF!

after a few hands, they decided to switch to a new game ...

the beautiful bouquet ...
Jeni arriving at the church ...
We had quite a bit of time before the ceremony started. I spent the time doing some fun portraits of the guys ...





I went out with Karen and the girls ...

I love this shot of the girls headed back inside ... the light was amazing!
just a portrait I captured of Jeni ...

Jeni's dad waiting for everything to get started ...
a portrait of the priest ...
the girls watching the guests arrive ...

Jeni and her parent's walking her down the aisle ...
the happy couple!
their first dance as husband and wife ...
the dip ...
a dance with his mother ...
Jeni's father's toast ...

Jeni and Brian, congratulations to you both! I wish you all the best!

No comments: