Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Terri and David's wedding

Terri and David's wedding

Terri and David came into Cincinnati for their big day. I had such fun with them at their engagement session that I was looking forward to a great day! I started out at the Aveda (my favorite) Eco Salon and Spa on Kenwood Rd where I met up with Terri and the girls for some 'getting ready' shots!
Terri reading a magazine ...
Two of her bridesmaids checking out how her hair is coming along ...
The maid of honor getting her hair done ...
Dan working his 'hair magic'!
Terri had a brooch made into a comb for her hair ... love that!!

Putting the veil on ...
Terri with her makeup on ... looking fabulous :)

another shot of these gorgeous shoes ...
While I was with the girls ... Barb was with the guys. They were getting their game plan together for the day ...


checking out the programs ...
All in!
Terri and David seeing each other for the first time that day ...
and just a few portraits before heading inside for the ceremony ...



Terri and the flowergirl checking out the bouquet ...
David looking handsome ...
then it was off to the ceremony ...

Terri and her dad coming into the ceremony ...

So, the ceremony is going on and the priest is talking about how in order for each of us to be on this earth, there had to be love. Two people had to love each other enough to bring us into their lives. Then all of a sudden (totally unrehearsed) he breaks into song. He started singing 'You're nobody 'til somebody loves you'. I felt like I was in a musical ... it was AWESOME! He said he did it because he wanted them to remember that moment forever and he couldn't think of a better way to make it memorable. I think it is safe to say that I adore this man - what a character! Here is Terri and David's reaction to the singing ...

After the ceremony I got another quick portrait of the newly married couple ...

then it was off to the reception for their first dance ...


and some speeches ...



a dance with his mother ...

a dance with her father ...

halfway through the father/daughter dance, the music changed to the 'Peanuts theme song' and they danced to that!

some sweets ...



cutting the cake ...

and this crowd certainly knows how to party!




Terri and David, thank you again for allowing us to spend the day documenting your wedding. Congratulations to you both and I wish you a lifetime of happiness.

Slideshow coming soon ...

A big thank you to Barb for working alongside me and for taking such great shots of the guys in the morning!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have captured our day so beautifully!! As I knew you would! I love to see the wedding through Barb's and yours eyes! Thank you so much! And I am still beating myself up for not getting a picture of you, me, and Dave!
Terri

Amy Scalia said...

I love how on the guys' game plan board it says "just say Yes!" haha... definitely an important play in a wedding....