Monday, May 26, 2008

Zoo pics!

I know I mentioned the other day that I got to go to the zoo with Sophia last Thursday ... I had so much fun! I got to watch the animals as long as I wanted and she never once told me to hurry up! Here are just a few of my photos from our big zoo day!
First we have Moe, a two toed sloth, who was definitely one of my favorites.
I just liked these little ribbon snakes ... great coloring ...
I couldn't resist one flowering tree shot ...
I never realized how noisy Gibbons are! These little guys 'whooped' the whole DAY!
Here are a couple of their acrobatic shots ...
tightrope walking ...
This is Beatrice ... SO CUTE! Sophia took me 'behind the scenes' where she works. I got to meet a lot of the animals that she works with!
The polar bears are always fun to watch. They swam and played the whole time we were there.
Sophia had a surprise for me at the zoo! We got a private showing of the Bird Show - it was awesome! The only problem was that I didn't realize how many pictures I was going to take and (silly me) only brought one CF card for my camera. So, it was filled up by the time the show started! The good news is, I got to sit back and enjoy the show instead of thinking about getting a great shot.
Then we headed over to the manatee springs ... to get some underwater shots ...
I loved how the light filtered through the water ...
Sophia, you are AWESOME! I had a great day with you! Next time, I'm bringing my BIG lens so I can get some more close up shots! Thank you for being such a great guide!

3 comments:

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

seriously amazing shots neysa!! how lucky you got to watch the polar bears play! i would of been there all day. really diggin the shot of the monkey walking.

neysaruhl said...

Thanks guys! We had a great day for the zoo!

Barb Trimble said...

What a fun day! And all the animals were playing. So lucky.