Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Blink

Blink
by Malcolm Gladwell




I picked up a book at the airport on our way back from vacation in December. I had never heard of it, but it looked interesting. It 'called out' to the side of my brain that is fascinated with people and why we do what we do. It turned out to be a FANTASTIC find. Malcolm Gladwell puts into words what happens in our brains in the 'blink of an eye'. It is a book about the conclusions we draw in the first two seconds of a situation and why.
If this sort of thing at all interests you, I highly recommend you pick it up. His first book called the Tipping Point is now on my list. I can't wait to read it!
In his book he references some tests (Implicit Association Tests) that will make a lot more sense once you read the book, but here they are for reference:https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/
Some of the tests are VERY eye-opening.


Click HERE for some more info on Blink.

No comments: