Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Jocelyn and Joey: the wedding

Jocelyn and Joey: the wedding

Jocelyn and Joey's wedding was absolutely amazing ... from the bride and groom to the details to the families and friends. I can honestly say that I was moved by the love shared between these two and their families. It was difficult to choose which images to put up since there were so many that were favorites, so I tried to choose images that really showed the emotion of the day. But first ... a few details ...


Jocelyn's 'pretties' ...


and, of course, a plug for Jocelyn's company, Zoe Custom Cosmetics :)


I love this shot of Jocelyn and Zoe sitting together getting their makeup all ready ...


before she did anything else, Jocelyn sat down and wrote Joey a note. Here she is getting a little emotional as she wrote ...
a shot of her putting her makeup on ...
Zoe getting ready ...

loved the light on this one ...
Zoe is such a beauty ... just like her mom ...
the girls have a laugh while Jocelyn gets her hair done ...
great moment between her and her dad when he came in ...

Zoe carrying the dress for her mom ...
putting her earrings on ...

her shoes had a great scallop detail ....
when the girls saw her all dressed, everyone got a little choked up ...

especially mom ...

Meanwhile, back at the ranch ... Barb was with the guys ...

This shot of Joey makes me smile ... we'll call it 'got denim'?



While Joey was pretty active ...

the rest of the guys spent some time recovering from the night before ...





getting dressed ...


Joey writes a note to Jocelyn ...

I took Jocelyn out for some quick portraits ...

which she nailed .... one after the other ...



and another portrait of Zoe ... loved this little room


the guys arrived at the church ....

and I did a few quick portraits of Joey looking handsome in his tux!



the guys entering the ceremony ...

Joceyln gets a kiss from dad before going down the aisle ...


it's so hard to pick a single favorite photo from a wedding ... but this next one has such a symbolism that it might be my favorite. Her father (who has been the man in her life since birth) has just handed his daughter over to her new husband (who will be with her for the rest of her life).

they did a ring exchange with Zoe ...








When Jocelyn and Joey left the church ... they drove off in this vintage 1953 Oldsmobile ... driven by the fabulous Ben :) and I was so honored that they wanted me to go along. One thing that I was struck by at this wedding, was how they wanted me with them even during intimate moments. They wanted everything captured and I LOVED it. My kind of people ...

Here we are driving away ...




we stopped along the river for some quick photos before we headed off ...




at the reception ... they had a silhouette artist ... who was the cutest woman EVER. She was also absolutely amazing at cutting out the silhouettes freehand ... I wished I could have put her in my pocket and taken her home with me ...

a toast ...

first dance ... version 1
first dance version 2



and since the silhouette theme was so prominent throughout their day ... I thought it only fitting to end with one ...
Jocelyn and Joey ... what can I say but thank you? I loved being with you and was welcomed by everyone. I wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

Vendor info:
Wedding coordinator (extraordinaire): Jen Daut from Your wedding by Jen
Stationery: Amy from Amo-Ink
Cake: Mauricio from Cotillion Events
Flowers: Courtenay from Courtenay Lambert Florals
Reception site: The Madison
DJ: Nemar Maize from Maize Music
1953 Oldsmobile: Ben Barlage
a thank you to Barb and Kristie for working with me!

6 comments:

amo said...

Excellent job, Neysa! Love these shots. My faves are the ones in the vintage car.... Once again, you rock!

Jen Swendiman said...

beautiful! my favorite is the one in the car w/ jocelyn adjusting the mirror. and i love the vendor info added at the end of the posts now - great idea!

neysaruhl said...

Thanks ladies!!!
Amy, you did such an AMAZING job on their printed stationery ... I loved it! Just gorgeous!

Yes, I decided that I need to give props to everyone involved in the big day!

Jen said...

Holy!!! WOW! Neysa! You captured this event so magnificently. I can not even verbalize how awesome these photos are!

Carter's Corner said...

Hey Neysa!! Awesome, you truly captured every emotion during this event. Of course the beautiful couple helped. My fav? The pic in the vintage car where she is adjusting the mirror....GREAT!!

Kristie said...

WOW- I have been so excited to see these photos! Thanks for letting me tag along and watch the master do her thing :) You and Barb are amazing, I'm sure Jocelyn and Joey are just thrilled with these. Can't wait to see you Neysa!