Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Chris and Diana's wedding

Diana and Chris' wedding
We headed up to Columbus for Chris and Diana's wedding. I have to say ... those Macedonians sure know how to throw a party! From the time we arrived at the bride's parent's house, our day was packed full of things to do - every time I turned around there was something else that I wanted to photograph ... so, needless to say, I couldn't possibly put up all of the photos that I liked. You'll just have to watch the slideshow to see more.
Diana's dress ...
Reading a card ...
I just liked this shot of the flowergirl pulling on her bracelet.
Diana getting hair AND makeup done at the same time ...
a shot of one of the girls getting into her dress ...
Love this shot ... mom, daughter and son ... he looks thrilled!
Now a Macedonian wedding is chock full of traditions. The shaving ceremony is one of these. The groom gets shaved by the family. You put money in his towel and then you get one swipe at him :)
Good thing his new 'father-in-law' likes him ...
the guys joking around ...
Diana got her dress on upstairs ...
She looked fabulous!
Just loved the light on this one ...
Then it was off to the church ...
Chris seeing Diana for the first time that day ...
Diana seeing Chris ...
Yes, in most ceremonies, I am barely allowed to leave the back row of the church because of the church rules ... but in a Macedonian ceremony ... you are EXPECTED to be up on the alter during the ceremony. So, I get some great shots!
Coming out of the church ...

a great shot of the couple at a park we stopped at ...
the cake ...
First dance ... I loved the chandeliers in this hall ...
a dance with his mother ...
a dance with her father ...
there was this fabulous light pouring through the windows ...
Then things got crazy ... the receptions at these weddings are unbelievably active. Everyone is up dancing ...
Diana's mom during the bread dance ...

Ok ... that's it for the blog ... click the slideshow below for more photos ...
Diana and Chris, I thoroughly enjoyed the wedding! It was a great day. I wish you both a lifetime of happiness!
and a huge thank you to Karen for helping me out!!

1 comment:

Barb Trimble said...

What a fun wedding! Love the first dances and the effect on them.